Joe Sacco contra la invisibilidad del periodista y a favor de que el que cuenta esté presente en lo que cuenta. ¿Subjetivo? pues que así sea.
Ya lo dijo genialmente Leila Guerriero en una entrevista en Jot Down, «De todas maneras, la presencia del autor siempre se nota, porque el periodismo objetivo es la gran mentira del universo, todo es subjetivo. Siempre hay un autor, alguien recortando una realidad.»
"As a comedian you should not be in rooms where the people you’re making fun of also are because you’ll realize, at the end of the day, they’re just people. You can’t risk having that kind of compassion infect your mission to attack. My solution to that is not to curve my jokes — it’s to not put myself in the same room as the consequences of those jokes. …
A comedian is supposed to be an outsider. He’s supposed to be outside looking in. I don’t want to be at parties in D.C. with politicians. Comedians shouldn’t be there. If you feel comfortable in a room like that, there’s a big problem. That’s what is so concerning when you see journalists so comfortable around politicians — that’s a red flag. There should be a kind of awkward tension whenever a journalist walks into a room that politicians are in, because you should’ve done things that annoyed them in the past. It’s the same as a comedian. You’re no one’s friend.”
- John Oliver, host of HBO’s Last Week Tonight and former correspondent for The Daily Show with Jon Stewart
The full interview with John Oliver is here, so check it out!
Photo by Carolyn Cole/Los Angeles Times
"On July 16, while I was in eastern Gaza City taking photos of the many buildings recently destroyed by Israeli forces, a man approached me and asked if I wanted to enter his home to take photos of the inside.
I accepted his offer and as he showed me around, I learned his name is Khamis Mraish and that his brother, Dr. Riad Mraish, ran a clinic from the home. As Khamis took me through each corner of the house, he described in detail the damage in every room. Most of the family’s belongings, including Dr. Mraish’s medical equipment, were now ruined, scattered in pieces and covered with debris.
It was horribly sad to witness his pain — and how he so badly wanted to share his story with the world. And the more people I speak with, the more I realize there is this same feeling everywhere. The people in Gaza want, and need, the world to see what they are going through.”
These are the Palestinians that Israel has killed since three settlers went missing last Thursday, June 12:
- Ali Abd al-Latif al-Awour, 7, killed by injuries suffered from an Israeli airstrike in al-Sudaniya in the northern Gaza Strip
- Ahmad Sabarin, 20, shot in the chest by Israeli soldiers in the Jalazon refugee camp north of Ramallah
- Salman Naim al-Harazin, age unknown, Hamas member killed by an Israeli airstrike in al-Tuffah in the eastern Gaza Strip
- Ahmad Khalil Ayyad, age unknown, Hamas member killed in the same attack
- Ibrahim Salih al-Qar’an, age unknown, Hamas member killed in the same attack
- Raed Kamil Marshoud, age unknown, Hamas member killed in the same attack
- Khalil al-Gharabli, age unknown, Hamas member killed in the same attack
- Hussein Tawfiq Masoud, 28, a firefighter who died of smoke inhalation in the same attack
- Mahmoud Jihad Muhammad Dudeen, 14, shot in the chest by Israeli soldiers in Dura near Hebron
- Mustafa Hosni Aslan, 22, shot in the head by Israeli soldiers in Qalandiya refugee camp south of Ramallah
Palestinos matados por Israel desde la desaparición de tres israelíes el pasado jueves
A las personas de la lista se añaden tres hombres más fallecidos este fin de semana, uno de ellos un señor de 63 años muerto de un infarto cuando la policía israelí llevaba a cabo una redada en su casa (redadas que dejan las casas de los palestinos así), y al que las fuerzas israelíes negaron ir al hospital tras sufrir el infarto.
Netanyahu ha dicho que la intención del operativo de búsqueda no es la de “dañar deliberadamente” a los palestinos, aunque “de cuando en cuando” haya muertos y heridos.
Curaciones milagrosas: Con el PP son posibles.
En el vídeo de YouTube se pueden activar los subtítulos en castellano.
Por cierto, ya sabréis que esta mujer tan molesta (Mónica Oltra) ha sido “castigada” de una forma un tanto insólita.
Enviado por Toni M.